DATA PRIVACY AND DATA SECURITY POLICY
As "Aşçıoğlu" (herein also referred to as "the Company"), we value the privacy and security of your data and are careful to take the necessary technical and administrative precautionary measures. With this Data Privacy and Data Security Policy (“Privacy and Security Policy”), we aim to help you understand what data we collect, how we collect it, what we do with it, and how we secure it.
What Data Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
We do not request any personal data from you when you visit the Aşçıoğlu website, but we may ask you to provide a variety of personal or demographic information should you choose to use any of the services or features on our website. Within the scope of this Privacy and Security Policy, information that personally identifies you and/or is used to communicate with you, is defined as personal data as defined in Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 ("PDPL").
In this context, when you fill out the Aşçıoğlu website information request form, your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, personal data related to your interests, your frequency of use of our website, location data (if you give your mobile device permission to use your location,) and your IP address are processed.
Your personal data is collected and processed by Aşçıoğlu only with your express consent, apart from other cases as stated in the PDPL. Your personal data can be processed during the following operations:
- Promotional, marketing and sales activities related to Aşçıoğlu projects,
- Carrying out processes and operations that concern the customer,
- Carrying out sales procedures,
- Carrying out financial operations,
- Carrying out after-sales services,
- Carrying out the activities necessary for conducting the internal operations and business activities of the Company, ensuring the security of Company operations, conducting the activities necessary for effictiveness, efficiency and pertinence analyses,
- Ensuring business continuity and planning and executing corporate governance and sustainability activities,
- Planning and executing corporate communication activities,
- Carrying out activities related to events,
- Carrying out activities that have legal, technical and administrative results, providing information to authorized organizations, and carrying out activities related to legal demands and legal affairs,
- Keeping data accurate and up-to-date; collecting, evaluating and meeting data owners' complaints, questions, requests and suggestions,
- Reputation management,
- Planning and executing customer relationship management procedures, planning and/or executing customer satisfaction activities,
- Fulfilling contracts made with customers,
- Knowing our customers and improving our communication,
- Traffic measurement, statistical and analytical analyses, profiling/segmentation studies for sales and marketing activities
- Offering opportunities for products and services tailored to customers via targeting and re-targeting
- Providing better and more reliable service to customers, developing suitable services and products, and maintaining them continuously,
- Personalizing and suggesting products and services offered by Aşçıoğlu according to customers' taste, usage habits and needs,
- Preparing and presenting various reports, research and/or presentations,
- Managing social media accounts and websites,
- Ensuring the fulfillment of obligations within the scope of the Consumer Protection Law, Property Law and other legal regulations by our Company and our call center, affiliated companies or through our websites and social media pages, and/or through other channels not limited to these on behalf of our Company,
- Carrying out marketing and sales activities, conducting the processes of establishing and/or increasing loyalty to products and/or services offered by the Company, conducting market research activities for sales and marketing of products and services,
- Serving you better, providing and offering various advantages, informing about sales, marketing, information, promotions, informing about campaigns and conditions, conducting surveys, customer satisfaction research, accelerating your purchasing transactions, and receiving and delivering orders.
Your personal data obtained within the scope of our Website may be processed by Aşçıoğlu in accordance with the basic principles stipulated by the PDP Law and within the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law, for the following purposes:
- To make our website and mobile application easier to use,
- To introduce our products and services,
- To get to know our members and ensure communication,
- To offer general and/or special campaigns/benefits,
- To engage in marketing and advertising activities,
- To specialize and personalize our services and functions for our customers,
- To conduct data analysis, research, surveys and other customer satisfaction applications/information.
Cookies and Other Technologies Used by Aşçıoğlu
By the most clear definition, cookies are small-sized files of a series of characters that are sent to your computer or mobile device to recognize and remember you the next time you visit that website and contain various information about your visit. Most web browsers have a cookie blocking mode for visiting websites. If you activate the cookie blocking mode in your web browser, you will not be able to benefit from some of the features we have developed for you on our website and mobile application.
The Aşçıoğlu Website automatically collects and stores some information such as Internet Protocol Addresses (IP), browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), reference and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click data. Aşçıoğlu also uses various technologies to collect information about how many times our website has been viewed.
We would like to point out that the information collected by cookies and other technologies is considered non-personal and is only used to provide a better service to our visitors and improve our services.
Some of our e-mail messages contain a clickable URL, linked to content on the Aşçıoğlu website. When you click on one of these URLs, you pass through a separate web server before reaching the destination page on our website. This link click data is tracked to determine interest in certain subjects and to measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you do not wish to be tracked this way, do not click on links in the e-mail messages.
We may combine, update or expand the personal data we obtain about you via our website with data from external sources or third parties. Aşçıoğlu may also share aggregated customer statistics not containing any personal data with other third parties such as business partners, press, etc.
Aşçıoğlu also requests express consent from its customers in order to directly or indirectly send commercial electronic messages via all kinds of electronic media regarding general and special campaigns, advantages, product and service promotions, advertising, market research surveys and other customer satisfaction applications.
Our Website may use “pixel tags" along with cookies to measure activity and/or traffic on our Website. A pixel tag is a type of web page graphic and is usually invisible due to its 1x1 pixel size. These tags track the number of users who visit our Website and track their navigation through our Website. For example, we may use this tag when we want to statistically count which pages of our Website our users have visited.
Pixel tag technology is not used to retrieve any personal data.
Sometimes we put pixel tags in HTML messages we send (or in messages sent on our behalf) to determine which e-mail messages are opened and whether the email results in an action taken. You may stop some pixel tags from working by canceling the corresponding cookie.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number, usually assigned automatically by your Internet Service Provider to your device when you connect to the Internet. As with other websites, Aşçıoğlu collects IP addresses to collectively analyze the number of visitors and website usage information. Your IP address is not related to any personal data you provide. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify individuals that are threatening our Website or our visitors.
"Click flow" or "click flow data" reflects the web pages that a user visits, and more importantly, shows the status or traffic pattern that allows the user to move from one web page to another. Aşçıoğlu only monitors this information for our own Website; we do not monitor click flow activities anywhere other than on Aşçıoğlu web pages. Click flow data does not contain or disclose any personal data about the user, and we do not compare it with any other personal data you provide.
Accessing and Updating Information
Aşçıoğlu never requests credit card information or any other personal data via e-mail. This method of stealing and misusing your personal data is called "Phishing." Please do not respond to anything that seems like a message from Aşçıoğlu that requests your personal data.
Information and Your Right to Leave the Notification List
You are authorized by Aşçıoğlu to access and control commercial electronic messages sent for notification and communication purposes. By using the "Optout” mechanism, you will not receive any communications from us unless you click on the checkbox or check the box that represents your express consent in the express consent texts we have provided to you for the distribution of e-mails, voice calls, or subscriptions to other services. Should you choose to terminate these communications or services, you can click on the link provided within each e-mail to unsubscribe from a particular service or distribution and/or send a text message to the number specified in the text message sent to you.
Measures We Take for Your Personal Data Security
Aşçıoğlu takes complete technical and administrative precautionary measures in accordance with Article 12 of the PDP Law to process data in accordance with the law, store the processed data and protect it against unlawful access, sharing, modification or destruction, theft, loss and misuse. In this context, your personal data is stored in secure environments that are not accessible to the public and can only be accessed by authorized Aşçıoğlu employees, intermediaries and contractors, and ensures that the identity of our customers whose personal data we store is verified before accessing your information.
Aşçıoğlu uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all its web pages where personal data is collected via online services such as the Website. In order to use these services, an SSL-supported browser such as Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer is required. In this way, the privacy of your personal data transmitted over the internet can be protected.
This Privacy and Security Policy may be reviewed and revised periodically. By using our Website, you understand and agree that we have the right to change this Privacy and Security Policy without prior notice, and that we will publish changes to this page so that you can learn about the types of information we collect, how we use them, and if so, under what circumstances. We will post the date of the latest update of the Privacy and Security Policy on our Website. We recommend that you visit our Privacy and Security Policy page every time you visit our Website to be notified of any such changes.
Privacy of Children
Our website is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect the personal data of Related Persons in this age group.
Your Rights as a Data Owner within the scope of PDP Law
As a personal data owner, we hereby declare that you have the following rights under Article 11 of the Law:
- To learn whether your personal data is processed,
- To request information regarding whether your personal data has been processed,
- To learn the purpose for processing your personal data and whether it is used appropriately,
- To know about third parties to whom your personal data is transferred, domestic or abroad,
- To request corrections of your personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing, and to request that third parties to whom your personal data have been transferred be notified,
- To request the deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the reasons requiring processing have become invalid, even though the data has been processed in accordance with the Law and other relevant provisions of the law, and to request that third parties to whom your personal data have been transferred be notified,
- To object to negative results of analysis of the processed data, performed exclusively through automated systems,
- To demand indemnification for damages suffered due to unlawful processing of your personal data.
To apply regarding your rights listed above, you can fill out the Aşçıoğlu Data Owner Application Form on www.ascioglu.com and submit it to our company; (i) by coming to Dikilitaş Mahallesi, Hakkı Yeten Caddesi, BJK S. Seba Kompleksi Selenium Plaza No:10C Fulya, Beşiktaş, İstanbul and submitting it by hand with identification documents or via a notary public, or (ii) by other methods specified in PDPL, or (iii) by submitting the related petition to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org with a secure electronic signature. Depending on the nature of your request, your applications will be concluded free of charge as soon as possible and within thirty days at the latest. However, if the procedure requires additional costs, you may be charged a fee according to the tariff set by the Personal Data Protection Board.
You can find a detailed explanation and information about our Company's purpose for processing your personal data in our Personal Data Protection and Processing Policy at www.ascıoglu.com.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are information markers that are sent to your browser from our Website and are only used when you log onto our Website. Cookies are definitely not viruses. Our Website sends cookies to your web browser that contain a special identifier to better understand the use of our Website, so we can determine which areas of our Website are preferred by users (e.g. based on the number of visitors to these areas). Although cookies generally do not contain personal data, they may be associated with them if you disclose any information about yourself to us.
Our Purpose for Using Cookies
- To perform the basic functions necessary for the operation of our Website, to increase its functionality and make it easier to use, for example, by sharing with third party social media channels via our Website, or remembering user information or the search queries of Website visitors for their next visit.
- To analyze and improve the performance of our Website. For example, to facilitate the integration of the different servers on which our Website operates, to determine the number of visitors to our Website and to adjust its performance accordingly, or to help visitors find what they are looking for,
- To personalize and target advertising activities. For example, showing ads associated with visitors' interests according to the pages and products they view.
Cookies stored on your computer cannot in any way access your personal data. The cookies used at Aşçıoğlu allow us to get to know you better and to provide you with a better experience on your next visit. When you start using our Website, you automatically start using cookies.
The Cookies We Use on Our Website
You can find the cookies we use on our Aşçıoğlu Website where cookies are displayed and defined.
Facebook: Facebook cookies are used for conversion and remarketing activities via sites and applications that users with Facebook accounts visit. For detailed information about Facebook cookies, please visit the following link: https://tr-tr.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Google Ads: Google Ads cookies use your secure search preferences to help us advertise relevant products and compile data that's used to measure and improve the success of advertising activities. For detailed information about Google products cookies: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=tr
Google Analytics Cookies: The Google Analytics cookie is used to parse users and provide customer analysis by reducing/deduplicating multiple visits by a single user, integrating the Google Analytics (_gac_) cookie, Google Ads and Google Analytics platforms, and transforming them into user-based campaign information. For detailed information about Google products cookies: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=tr
Hotjar: Hotjar cookies provide meaningful and anonymous data that allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Website in line with users' experiences and habits. For detailed information about Hotjar cookies please visit: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy
Insider: Insider cookies run as a unique identity structure for your computer or a third-party analysis platform through a web browser. These cookies are used to measure marketing campaigns, performance analysis, and personalization activities. For detailed information about Insider cookies, please visit the following link: https://useinsider.com/product-privacy-policy
How Can You Manage Your Cookies?
You can update your preferences for our Website's cookies at any time using your web browser settings.
The most up-to-date information on how to delete cookies can be found at https://www.esb.org.tr/cerez-bellek or https://www.aboutcookies.org